The plaza lies in front of two architectonically outstanding hotel buildings at the edge of the medieval Old Town of Hall in Tyrol (architects: Welzenbacher, 1931, Henke/Schreieck, 2004), inserted between the spa house and a bank building from the 1930s. The draft is part of a larger revitalization project that also includes the redesign of the former spa park lying in the north and aspires to reorganize this open space ensemble.
The new design now permits a direct access from the arcades to the two narrow sides of the plaza. The characteristic elements are formed by the large, sandblasted, in-situ concrete fields with wide gravel joints that enable the complicated, inconvenient topography (above an underground parking garage) to be compensated. Two silver maples stand next to an old weeping willow in the plaza area, which a bamboo garden is enclosed within. The plaza serves the local population as well as the tourists visiting the adjacent salt graduation works.